Detroit Blows is a one-stop, non-toxic finishing salon that features express blowouts, beauty services, and champions the vibrant arts and culture scene in downtown Detroit. Our beauty services include fast-track nail care, make-up application, lash applications and eyebrow shaping services for the client that is on the go.
The mission of Detroit Blows is to efficiently provide high quality, specialized blowout hair styling services for all hair types, at a great value, utilizing non-toxic products in a welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere. We also provide fast-track nail care, make-up and eyebrow shaping services for the client that is on the go.
Our salon includes an impact-driven retail shop that houses a rotating line-up of socially conscious brands, from home goods to hair care products.
Even better, $1 of every blowout service and a percentage of the retail footprint supports Detroit-based female entrepreneurs, and women entering and re-entering the workforce. Rooted in a commitment to female empowerment and entrepreneurship, a visit to Detroit Blows goes way beyond the blowout.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
We are looking for Hair Stylists that believe in the mission of Detroit Blows, and want to be an integral part of our team. We will provide training on the unique delivery of our single service, dual process blowout systems; our work rules, policies and procedures; and our customer care program.
Full-time and part-time positions are available.
As a Detroit Blows stylist and team member, you will:
- Provide blowout hair styling services and any enhancements, consistent with customer requests and Detroit Blows’ work rules, policies and procedures, and customer care program.
- Provide high quality service to every Detroit Blows customer, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate and offer clients Detroit Blows’ service enhancements and retail product offerings.
- Maintain a clean, well-groomed, polished appearance at all times.
- Maintain clean and well-organized work area at all times.
Our team of stylists perform hair styling services in a fast paced environment while maintaining a superior customer experience.
We will need you to be friendly, energetic and a good listener. A service oriented approach, actively looking for ways to help and serve Detroit Blows team members and clients is essential.
You will also need to have ALL of the following:
- A current state of Michigan cosmetology license.
- Exceptional communication skills.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
Our compensation includes hourly wages + tips + commission
Professional training and development opportunities
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate in your email whether you are applying for a full-time or part-time position by referencing one of the following subject headings: “Hair Stylist – full time” or “Hair Stylist – part time.”