Detroit Blows is a one-stop, non-toxic finishing salon that features express blowouts, beauty services, and champions the vibrant arts and culture scene in downtown Detroit. Our beauty services include fast-track nail care, make-up application, lash applications and eyebrow shaping services for the client that is on the go.
Our salon includes an impact-driven retail shop that will house a rotating line-up of socially conscious brands, from home goods to hair care products.
Even better, $1 of every blowout service and a percentage of the retail footprint will support Detroit-based female entrepreneurs, and women entering and re-entering the workforce. Rooted in a commitment to female empowerment and entrepreneurship, a visit to Detroit Blows goes way beyond the blowout.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
We are looking for licensed cosmetologists or estheticians to provide makeup and eyebrow shaping services who want to be an integral part of our team. Our makeup artists will use non-toxic professional products. We will provide training on Detroit Blows’ policies and procedures, and our customer care program.
Full-time and part-time positions are available.
As a Detroit Blows nail technician and team member, you will:
- Provide makeup application, eyebrow shaping and other related services, consistent with customer requests, group and special event requirements, and Detroit Blows’ policies, procedures, and customer care program.
- Provide high quality service to every Detroit Blows customer, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain a clean, well-groomed, polished appearance at all times.
- Maintain clean and well-organized work area at all times
A Detroit Blows makeup artist/esthetician will perform services in a fast-paced environment, always providing a superior customer experience.
We will need you to be friendly, energetic and a good listener. A service-oriented approach, actively looking for ways to help and serve Detroit Blows team members and clients is essential.
You will also need to have ALL of the following:
- A current state of Michigan cosmetology or esthetician license.
- Experience performing makeup AND eyebrow shaping services, and a desire to perform services using non-toxic products.
- A willingness to comply with Detroit Blows’ salon policies, procedures and customer care program.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Commission split + tips
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate in your email whether you are applying for a full-time or part-time position by referencing one of the following subject headings: “Makeup/Eyebrow Specialist“