Detroit Blows is a one-stop, non-toxic finishing salon that features express blowouts, beauty services, and champions the vibrant arts and culture scene in downtown Detroit. Our beauty services include fast-track nail care, make-up application, lash applications and eyebrow shaping services for the client that is on the go.
For our express nail care services, we will use non-toxic professional, long lasting products that are free of toluene, dibutyl phthalate, xylene, and formaldehyde. Our services do not include shellac, or acrylics; extension tips; airbrushing; or semi-permanent polish offerings.
Our salon includes an impact-driven retail shop that will house a rotating line-up of socially conscious brands, from home goods to hair care products.
Even better, $1 of every blowout service and a percentage of the retail footprint will support Detroit-based female entrepreneurs, and women entering and re-entering the workforce. Rooted in a commitment to female empowerment and entrepreneurship, a visit to Detroit Blows goes way beyond the blowout.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
We are looking for licensed Nail Technicians to provide express manicure and pedicure services; that believe in the mission of Detroit Blows; and want to be an integral part of our team. We will provide all equipment, supplies and products for your use. We also will provide training on our work rules, policies and procedures, and our customer care program.
Full-time and part-time positions are available.
As a Detroit Blows nail technician and team member, you will:
- Provide non-toxic, express nail care services and any enhancements, consistent with customer requests and Detroit Blows’ work rules, policies and procedures, and customer care program.
- Provide high quality service to every Detroit Blows customer, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate and offer clients Detroit Blows’ service enhancements and retail product offerings
- Maintain a clean, well-groomed, polished appearance at all times.
- Maintain clean and well-organized work area at all times
Our team of nail technicians will perform express manicure and pedicure services in a fast paced environment, always providing a superior customer experience.
We will need you to be friendly, energetic and a good listener. A service oriented approach, actively looking for ways to help and serve Detroit Blows team members and clients is essential.
You will also need to have ALL of the following:
- A current state of Michigan cosmetology or manicurist license.
- Experience performing manicures and pedicures, and a desire to perform services using non-toxic products.
- Exceptional communication skills.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
Our compensation includes a commission on all services provided + tips
Professional training and development opportunities
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate in your email whether you are applying for a full-time or part-time position by referencing one of the following subject headings: “Nail Technician – full time” or “Nail Technician – part time.”